Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Insurance - DENIED!!!!!

So, here I was waiting for the call. The one from Dr. Davidson's office (Bariatric Surgery Center of Dallas)to let me know that I was officially approved. When I answered the phone on Monday, I was soooooo happy to hear her say, "This is Dr. Davidson's office" and then WHAM! She told me that although I met the qualifications for both gastric bypass and lap-band surgery, my insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield of California) does not cover the sleeve. I was overwhelmed by an intense disappointment. I don't want the other two surgeries, and this (the gastric sleeve) is the best one for me. I told my hubbie that I would just go without, but he knows me and said to find out how much self pay is and we will just find a way. So I did, and here we are.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! what a kick just don't give up it sounds like you have got your priorities strait so keep at it. I know those protein shakes are not that great don't burn your self out on them. The shakes are good for you but change it up chicken chicken chicken and salad.

    ReplyDelete