Friday, July 16, 2010

Cheating

So I was driving to work the other night and there was a Whataburger right there in the parking lot. I thought, I have only had 853 calories today, I can have a small fry. I actually drove up to the drive through, but then I changed my mind and remembered I had a protein shake in my purse. So, I had the shake instead. It was definitely not as satisfying as a hot, salty, fatty french fry, but it was filling. By the time class was over, I no longer wanted the fries. Still, I see those chips in the cabinet every time I open it, and I smell the memory of fries with every fast food restaurant I pass. I know that after a while after the surgery, it is okay to eat fast food on occassion, and one woman at the nutritionist office says she eats chips with her lunch every day after VSG surgery. It is not forever, just until the surgery, and a little while afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment