Monday, July 26, 2010

Hurry up and wait!

Just an update:

I spoke to the doctor's office today. They are faxing my insurance request with the information today. They said that BCBS CA usually has a response turnaround of 10 days to 2 weeks, but that they were allowed up to 30 days by law. ARGGGHHHHH!!!! More waiting.

I was told to start trying to lose weight to shrink my liver for the surgery. I wasn't sure how much time I had so I went full force. I have been on a low calorie diet with an emphasis on protein since my first visit. I have already lost 16.4 pounds. They said not to worry about losing too much for insurance approval since they use the starting weight. I am sooooo hungry and I want JUNK FOOD!!!!

I know... I know... it is just a start. Any weight I lose now will just make the surgery easier. I hear that after the surgery, it is easier, because you get full eating small amounts and you just aren't as hungry.

Another new thing I am considering is my goal weight. When I used to think about what I wanted to weight, I thought that I would be happy at my pre-marriage weight of 230. When I first started thinking about surgery, I thought, maybe I can even get back under 200. Since looking at people's posts on www.verticalsleevetalk.com I have considered that I may even eventually reach my "ideal" weight of 145. Since I have been the height I am now, 5'7.5", I have always weighed more than the charts recommended. My lowest weight in High school was 155, and I wore a size 10. I didn't stay there long.

Anyway, I am doing this to be healthy, not to look like some glam gourgeous skinny thing. I don't want any of the health problems that seem to run in my family.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it. Thats great that you have realized that you can go beyond just the "hump" thats how you will loose the weight and keep it off. :) Keep It UP.. We are rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete