Sunday, July 4, 2010

Finding Something Healthy at On the Border

I went out to eat with my family after a long day at my work (practicum). I usually have my shake in the morning, a light lunch, a light snack, and a healthy dinner. I knew I wouldn't get a break at work to eat so I ate a good breakfast, and had my protein shake between clients at about 2:00, so by the time I got to the restaurant, it was almost 8:00 and I was STARVING!!!! I love mexican food. I love the chips, salsa, cheese, sauces, tortillas, all the fat and salt. It is all soooooo good. So I hunted down the menu for something that appeared a little healthy, and I came up with the Tomatillo Chicken on the Fresh Grill page of the menu. It was not fajitas with guacamole and sour cream, but it didn't look half bad. I only ate 4 chips with salsa, and a little over half my plate of chicken, veggies and rice. I was very proud of myself. My hubbie did good too. He ordered the grilled chicken and pulled pork fajitas and stopped after 2. He is really trying so we can do this as a family.

Tomatillo Chicken 1 Serving 850 calories, 24g fat, 108g Carbs, 50g proteins, 6g fiber 2060mg sodium

I also took my before pictures. Yuck. Please sign waiver stating that you understand that you might suffer permanent damage to your psyche before viewing the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment